Drone racing game has been popularity and 250 class has set position as FPV racing drone. This is very portable in a backpack, cost effective, easy to assemble and maintain.
To build up this, I prepared below parts:
- Frame : 270mm Variant insect carbon fiber frame kit
- Motor : DYS 1806 2300KV brushless motor *4
- ESC : Emax simonK 12A ESC *4
- Propeller : 5030 propeller *4
- Power distributor : APM power distributor board with 5V output
- Flight controller : Mini APM 3.1
- Radio receiver : Walkera RX701 2.4G 7CH receiver
- Video TX with CMOS camera : Eachine 700TVL Cmos camera with 32CH Video TX
- OSD : minim OSD
- Battery : 11.1v 2200mah LiPo battery
- GPS : Ublox Neo 6M
The first thing I I did to set the FC was uploading the arducopter firmware. mini APM has micro USB port and I connected this to my computer using USB cable and flashed the firmware through Mission Planner.
To FPV enabled, I needed to add on CMOS camera with Video TX and connect to minim OSD to display parameters onto video screen. Here is the connection diagram among CMOS camera, Video TX and minim OSD.